Both my parents owned small businesses, so it is very personal to me to see local businesses succeed and make an impact. After moving to Seattle for my JD/MBA, I interned at Apex and I stayed with Apex to build my career because of Apex’s focus on empowering entrepreneurs to make a difference.
I serve local for-profits and nonprofits through formation, growth, and exit strategies. I empower both for-profit and nonprofit founders to establish their new venture correctly from day one. Working with a business from the start builds a solid foundation from the first day they open their doors.
Once established, I continue to partner with clients throughout their growth by assisting with hiring, partnership agreements, customer and vendor agreements, and fundraising. I ensure our clients can accomplish their goals while protecting their hard work.
Additionally, I serve clients who are buying or selling a business. I support our clients through accurately papering the business deal. For sellers, I empower the seller to have a clean break from the sold business. For buyers, I support the buyer by protecting their investment through due diligence and strategic drafting.
Startups & Formation
- Forming for-profit and nonprofit entities with state and local agencies;
- Drafting and managing convertible note rounds;
- Drafting and managing early stage fundraising; and
- Drafting and managing employee stock option plans.
Business Transactions & Services
- Employment matters for standard employees and independent contractors;
- Drafting vendor and customer facing agreements;
- Drafting and negotiating letters of intent;
- Drafting and negotiating asset purchase agreements;
- Drafting and negotiating equity purchase agreements;
- Managing due diligence and impacts of findings on the purchase and sale;
- Assisting with dissolutions;
- Filing trademark applications;
- Understanding the 501(c)3 Application Process for Communities Rise
- Corporate Liability & Entity Choice with Leigh Ann Sajor at Chicago Title
- Seattle University School of Law & Albers School of Business & Economics – Joint J.D. and M.B.A., cum laude, Class of 2016
- University of Kentucky – Bachelor of Arts, Political Science & Anthropology, magna cum laude, Class of 2013
Volunteering & Community Groups
- Communities Rise Nonprofit Legal Clinic Volunteer since 2016
- Communities Rise Microenterprise Legal Clinic Volunteer since 2016
- Communities Rise CoVID-19 Small Business and Nonprofit Legal Clinic Volunteer (2020)
- Member of Business Networking International’s Dynamic Downtowners since 2019
- Washington State Bar, 2017
- Kentucky State Bar, 2018
- Cooking and baking with family