Nonprofit Merger Lawyers in Seattle
Nonprofits: People are passionate about their causes and are often inspired to create an organization designed to support what they believe in. These include charities, foundations, and religious organizations. Apex understands this and has the experience to help your organization thrive as it grows.
For over a decade, our Seattle attorneys have worked with groups and individuals to form their nonprofit corporations. Our Seattle lawyers provide prompt and thorough legal services from corporate governance to maintaining tax-exempt status, all within a fair price.
Apex works with nonprofits every day, so we understand nonprofits’ unique business models and laws. Nonprofits aren’t just like any other business, so they can’t be treated as every other for-profit business.
We offer a flat rate nonprofit formation which includes the following services:
- Articles of Incorporation
- Initial Report
- Certificate of Formation
- Employee Identification Number
- Organizational Meeting Minutes
- Nonprofit Bylaws
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Consent to Review E-notice
- State Business License
- Local Business License
Additionally, Apex has close connections with the local nonprofit community. Our Seattle lawyers use these connections to help our clients find the right service providers for their organization’s other needs, including financing options or a merger with another nonprofit. We can also direct clients to free resources to use to further grow their nonprofit corporation.
Other nonprofit services we provide are:
- Nonprofit fundraising and finance guidance
- Fiscal Sponsorship
- Corporate governance (forming advisory boards, committees, and other organizational arms)
- Filing form 1023 and 1023-EZ applications for 501(c)3 tax-exempt status
- Filing form 1024 applications for 501(c)4 tax-exempt status
- Director and officer compensation
- Advice on avoiding private inurement and excess benefit transactions
- Nonprofit Mergers
- Social Enterprise and for-profit subsidiaries
- Employees and volunteer
Churches and Religious Organizations: Apex understands the unique challenges, issues, and legal requirements surrounding religious organizations. We represent and serve a countless number of religious organizations throughout the Pacific Northwest.
Our religious organization services include:
- Ecclesiastical policies and church-specific bylaws
- Church governance issues and disputes
- Optional 1023 Application for determination of tax-exempt status
- Group exemptions
- Issues surrounding membership structure
- Employment regulations specific to religious organizations
- Church and religious organization exemptions to general laws
- Child-safety and privacy policies
Helping You Make a Positive Impact
Nonprofit corporations are an essential part of a thriving community. This inspires Apex to provide trusted legal services for our clients who want to form their own nonprofit corporations. Get in touch with us for a free consultation.