- Business Transactions & Services
- Startup & Formation
Both my parents own small businesses, so it is very personal to me to see local businesses succeed and make an impact. After moving to Seattle for my JD/MBA, I interned at Apex and I stayed with Apex to build my career because of Apex’s focus on empowering entrepreneurs to make a difference.
I serve local for-profits and nonprofits through formation, growth, and exit strategies. I empower both for-profit and nonprofit founders to establish their new venture correctly from day one. Working with a business from the start builds a solid foundation from the first day they open their doors.
In my off time, I enjoy being with my kiddos and husband, baking, watching cooking shows, and running.
- Washington State Bar, 2017
- Kentucky State Bar, 2018
- Seattle University School of Law, joint JD/MBA, cum laude, 2017
- University of Kentucky, B.A. in Political Science & Anthropology, magna cum laude, 2013
- What’s New with the Washington Nonprofit Corporation Act?, 2021 – https://vimeo.com/652708683
- Washington Nonprofit Corporation Act and Membership, 2021 – https://vimeo.com/675606956
- City of Seattle Office of Economic Development’s Succession Planning Toolkit, 2021 – http://www.seattle.gov/office-of-economic-development/small-business/resources-and-support#successionplanningtoolkit
- Understanding the 501(c)3 Application Process for Communities Rise, 2020 – Understanding the 501(c)(3) Application Process + FREE legal clinic – Webinar! – Communities Rise (communities-rise.org)
- Lead negotiations and transition strategy for a 40-year-old family business to ensure the business’ continuance between generations.
- Primary drafter and legal management for the transition of a 70-year, 3 generation family business. Counsel to current generation to support further growth of the family business.
- Primary attorney for a health reform business with a $2.5 million capital raise, an employee equity program, and various investor revenue streams.
- Supported over 100 entrepreneurs through Apex’s flat fee formation process.
- Develop and manage contract on-boarding systems for clients to help reduce overhead costs associated with contract management.