Luis “Adan” Jimenez
- Intellectual Property
- Business Transactions & Services
What drew me to Apex is its strong focus on entrepreneurship and giving back to the community. I will grow and maintain lasting relationships with my clients by becoming a trusted advisor throughout their professional and personal journeys.
Growing up in a family of artists in rural New Mexico gave me a deep appreciation for the value of the arts in local communities. My law practice reflects this appreciation with a focus on intellectual property, specifically copyrights and trademarks, where I can combine my love of the arts with my passion for the law.
I volunteer in the community with Kids in Need of Defense, an organization that assists unaccompanied minors with obtaining status in the United States. Additionally, I serve as Vice President and Board Member for Washington Lawyers for the Arts, an organization that works to provide legal aid to artists. As well as the Co-Vice Chair of the King County Bar Associations Intellectual Property Section.
- Washington State Bar, 2016
- University of Idaho, College of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2016
- University of New Mexico, Bachelor of Arts in Fine and Studio Arts, 2010
- E-commerce Best Practices and Compliance for Small Businesses and Nonprofits, Communities Rise, Event Homepage, 2022.
- Negotiated commercial licenses for use of clients’ copyrighted works with single international media company with a value of over $200,000.
- Advised game developers on contract for development of game, ensuring royalty and developer credits.
- Enforceed unauthorized trademark usage for a prominent Seattle LGBTQA+ organization.