- Social Enterprise
- Business Transactions & Services
I am inspired by nonprofit organizations, their impact, their leadership, and their passion. Like me, Apex believes in nonprofits and, together, we work to care for our clients as much as our clients care for the community around them.
My primary practice works with nonprofits at every growth stage which includes formation, application for tax exemption, board governance, and corporate exit plans. I pride myself on listening to my clients, counseling them through difficulties, and being a trustworthy voice in all of my clients’ endeavors.
When not in the office, I serve as a deacon at my church, spending time mentoring young men to better themselves both socially and spiritually. When at home, I enjoy spending time with my wife, Noelle, my daughter, Elizabeth, and my son, Asher.
- Washington State Bar, 2016
- University of Washington School of Law, JD, 2016
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A. in American Literature and Culture, cum laude, 2013
- Let’s Go Legal Nonprofit Training Webinar (March 2021, June 2021, November 2021, March 2022, June 2022) – Watch Video
- Washington Nonprofit Corporation Act and Youth on Boards, 2022 – Watch Video
- Washington Nonprofit Corporation Act and Membership, 2022 – Watch Video
- Guest lecturer, Legal 120: Forming and Maintaining a Nonprofit Organization, Highline College, Spring 2021 and Spring 2022
- Lead attorney and drafter for complex church property and asset transfer worth $5 million.
- Lead attorney and drafter for merger of two Washington churches with an asset value of over $500,000.
- Lead attorney and consultant for board governance restructure of $1 million nonprofit corporation.
- Case manager for complex review and consultation on several loan transactions with Washington Department of Commerce and Washington Public Housing Commission each worth over $1 million.
- Shepherded countless number of organizations in applying for and receiving tax-exempt status with the IRS.